Popular Posts

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

St. Alphonsus, pray for us.

SearchHomeProfile
AccountNorma Ann.Edit FriendsManage PagesAccount SettingsPrivacy SettingsCredits BalanceHelp CenterSee AllRecommended Pages
.AlganonJoseph Dietrick likes this.
Like..Create an AdSponsored
. Jehovah Has Become King
e-watchman.com
Free electronic and audio book for Jehovah's Witnesses. Unique presentation of the Watchtower Society in Bible prophecy.. Olebella
To teach acceptance of differences regarding race, culture, appearances, adoptions, diversified families and beliefs..Like · 110 people like this.
Vote Meg for Governor 2010!
RSVP "Attending" to let your friends know you're voting Meg for Governor and A New California!.RSVP · Vera Faith Russi Lord is attending.
Support Those In Need
org2.democracyinaction.org
Join us in prayer to support those most in need. Trinity Missions, Missionary Servants of The Most Holy Trinity..Karolyn's Notes (0)
Notes About Karolyn (0)
Browse Notes
.Friends' Notes (0)
Pages' Notes (0)
My Notes (0)
My Drafts (0)
Notes About Me (0)
Subscribe
.Karolyn Whitney Smith's Notes
ReportA meditative prayer from the pen of my dearly beloved patron St. Alphonsus de Liguori
.by Karolyn Whitney Smith on Tuesday, October 19, 2010 at 3:31pm. Lord, who is like to Thee?

and what good things, O God! can be comparable

to Thee, O infinte goodness! But how could I have

turned my back upon Thee, to give myself to those

vile things which sin held out to me? O Jesus, Thy

precious blood is my hope. Thou hast promised

to hear him who prays to Thee. I ask Thee not

for the goods of this world: I ask Thee for the

pardon of those sins which I have committed

against Thee, and for which I am sorry above

every other evil. I ask Thee for perserverance

in Thy grace until the end of my life. I ask Thee

for the gift of Thy holy love; my soul is enamoured

of Thy goodness; hear me, O Lord! Only grant

that I may love Thee both here and hereafter,

and to all things else do with me as Thou

pleasest. My Lord, and my only good, suffer

me not to be any more separated from Thee!



Mary, Mother of God, do thou also listen to me,

and obtain for me that I may ever belong to

God, and that God may be my inheritance

forever. Amen.

from "The Way of Salvation and Perfection"

by St. Alphosus Marie de Liguori

founder of the Redemptorist Order

No comments:

Post a Comment